Friday, January 7, 2011

TWiST #27 with Dr. Cem Kaner




OK, so this was a really fun show to produce.


Full disclosure, I’m a member of the Association for Software Testing, and I’m an Assistant Instructor for the Black Box Software Testing courses, so in that capacity, I’ve had the chance to interact directly with Dr. Kaner during the course of the past year and actually see how he interacts with his students and with the development of these courses. Add to the fact that the book Testing Computer Software was pretty much the only testing book I owned for at least 12 years (I got my first copy of it sometime in 1998), yeah, Dr. Kaner has loomed large in my imagination for a number of years, and I’m not ashamed to admit to being a bit of a fanboy when it comes to him (though I have to admit I like Lessons Learned in Software Testing more than TCS now, but that’s because I’ve actually had several books to now compare to. If you haven’t read it yet, go and read it :) ).


Today’s episode is Matt sitting down with Cem Kaner and discussing his history, his legal advocacy, his focus on the advances and regresses of the software testing craft, and his current focus on delivering high quality testing training to today’s testers and beyond (he and the rest of the AST Education group are in the process of designing and rolling out the 3rd course for the AST Black Box Software Testing series). So yeah, I’m not exactly unbiased when I say this is an awesome show (well, hey, all our shows are awesome, IMO, but this one is especially so). If, however, you don’t want to take my fanboy enthusiasm as fact, please feel free to go and listen to Episode 27.


Standard disclaimer:


Each TWiST podcast is free for 30 days, but you have to be a basic member to access it. After 30 days, you have to have a Pro Membership to access it, so either head on over quickly (depending on when you see this) or consider upgrading to a Pro membership so that you can get to the podcasts and the entire library whenever you want to :). In addition, Pro membership allows you to access and download to the entire archive of Software Test and Quality Assurance Magazine, and its issues under its former name, Software Test and Performance.


TWiST-Plus is all extra material, and as such is not hosted behind STP’s site model. There is no limitation to accessing TWiST-Plus material, just click the link to download and listen.


Again, my thanks to STP for hosting the podcasts and storing the archive. We hope you enjoy listening to them as much as we enjoy making them :).

No comments: